Hey alright, finally got to do this video about my new toy 🙂
I’ve been testing this laptop for a while, wanted to give a really detailed review.
We ran some tests that with VRay 3.6 and VRay NEXT – which you can find in our news section.
And I can tell you for sure that the difference is huge, the workflow is so much faster with VRay NEXT and Alienware 17 R5.
- The laptop starts up and loads windows in seconds, very fast and responsive on commands.
- Great on GPU and CPU rendering.
- Can handle heavy exterior scenes with tons of vegetation (more videos to come on that subject).
- VR ready – that means optimized for that purpose with the usage of Nvidia GTX 1080.
- Build in Alienware system – Security and Maintenance performance
- Long living battery
- Futuristic design
- Only 2 USB ports
- Needs special backpack
- A bit heavy for carrying far distance.
In general I’m very pleased with performance of this laptop, and I would recommend it for Arch.Viz. work.
If you enjoyed this presentation please share it with your VRay friends 🙂
Full review and comparison to other graphic cards and performance can be found here